

Some of the reasons I started blogging was to not only give updates to family and friends but to give me a way to keep a journal going of our family. So, I'm sorry if some of my unexciting posts bore you like this one might.
That said, Phil and I have never really been good at keeping up the "Date Night" thing after getting married. We've always loved hanging out with friends in groups and we always spend time together so we kind of figured that counted. But we've decided to make an effort to have an official Date Night at least twice a month, just the two of us! With most of our friends being gone this week we thought, what better time to start? So last night Phil and I planned a date. We started by going to the park and playing tennis! We were a pretty good match considering it was the first time we played this year. We even challenged a random couple to doubles and won! Afterwards we went shopping at the D.I. for chairs for our dining table. Our last apartment didn't have room for a table so we haven't used our table until today- 2 years into our marriage! We found some little wooden chairs and bought some stuff to sand and stain them. Turns out they matched our wood table pretty well so we didn't have to do anything but clean them! We finished off our date by sharing a burrito at Bajio (followed by Pepcid AC of course!) The night was so fun and we can't wait to keep "dating" each other in the future!
6 comments:
Tennis is a good idea. But now your friends are back, so no more date nights! I'm in need of girl time...boys are stinkier then I remembered. :)
That last comment was me, Joy. Sorry.
Hey Holly! I found your blog randomly. Congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting! You look great! Do you guys know if you are having a boy or girl yet?
So cute. Bryan and I aim for once a month, though it doesn't always happen, and sometimes we get twice in a month. Your family yearbook should be easy to do, cuz you'll be able to just cut and paste from your blog. I've been doing that. It's so nice.
Fun! Holly I dare say you are the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen!
I love pepcid AC!! GOod for you guys to go on dates, that is a word I haven't heard in a while around here. With Chad working until 11pm it makes it hard to get one not to mention I am too cheap to pay a babysitter and we don't live close enough to family who would do it for FREE!!
Post a Comment