4.20.2009

No on Grease

I'm kind of a freak about what I let Bruin eat. His meals are always super nutritious and he RARELY gets to even TRY anything junk food-ish. That is why I shocked myself today by giving Bruin his first french fry... yes that's right. He ate three McDonald's french fries and I let him. On our way home from his doctor's appointment I had the biggest craving for fries. I almost never eat fast food so I decided it was alright and treated myself to some greasy drive thru. Bruin was shooting me these "please please please" looks while he opened and closed his fists several times (the signal that he wants something). So I gave in. Why am I such a stickler about what he eats? Maybe because he is my first child? Maybe because he just seems so pure and unpolluted? Whatever the reason it gives me peace of mind to know he's getting the best. So french fries, you won't get the best of my child, even with days like today (I even brushed off the salt to make sure).





My Easter bunny came to me last Sunday. What a guy! I found a basket in the car on the way to church filled with all my favorites. Gotta love that sneaky bunny. Thanks love! Oh and I even found an Easter skirt to wear to make the day happy and bright!

6 comments:

royce and aubree said...

you look way cute in your easter outfit!! i know i'm a stickler about what grace eats too but her dad sneaks in ice cream and candy!! i'm sure she'll survive but bruin looks quite happy eating those fries haha he's so cute!

Whitney R said...

At least there is SOME nutrition in them - potatoes!! You are so funny. Your such a good mommy, I hope I'm as good. I eat pretty well myself. Partly because sweets are no good to me right now... it's actually really sad.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you've gone this long with keeping only healthy food in him. I tried so hard to do that with Kyla and then it is the evil relatives trying to get on their good side that slips them the junk. Then it was all down hill from then on because they knew what they were missing!

US... said...

Your still way better at feeding Bruin healthy stuff. today I gave Maycee Pepsi. haha. Your a great and cute mom. Im glad were friends. :)

The Price Family said...

Your skirt is very cute!

clgilbert said...

Cute outfit... and... I tried your banana bread recipe and I made the muffins and they turned out great! Thank you so much for that! It was nice to actually make banana bread and be able to eat it!