1.04.2009

A Fabulous Christmas Vacation

What a wonderful Christmas Vacation we had this year! My entire family flew in to Salt Lake from all over the country and we all met up in Midway, UT at a resort called Zermatt. We drove with my parents all the way to Midway, stopping in Las Vegas to stay the night and break it up so the trip wasn't too hard on Bruin. He did wonderfully and just played and slept and ate. We just made sure to get him out everytime we stopped for gas or food.


At the resort we all just hung out, played in the snow, hottubbed, went bowling, got massages/pedicures, and the guys went skiing and snowmobiling. It was so nice to be able to spend every day with my sisters while chasing around my nephews and playing board games with my brother-in-laws. Ooh how I love Settlers of Catan! Here are some pics of the week!

Christmas Eve Dinner


Grandpa Santa paid a visit to all his grandsons


Uncle Phil with Jax and Gavin before going out into the snow


Going skiing/snow boarding with the brother-in-laws, Ryan and Devin.



First time in the hottub. Don't worry.. we just dipped him and held him mostly above with his feet in!




Me and my mom and sisters at the bowling alley in Heber


Bruin fell asleep when we got to the bowling alley so we set him in his carseat and covered him up with my jacket and played... well it was pretty loud in there so we didn't hear when he woke up so he was screaming by the time we heard him and got him out. haha poor little guy!


Figuring out his first sippy cup.. It was so cute!


The men snowmobiling. They had a blast!



Phil's birthday happened while we were up there so we all went out to dinner that night for sushi... well Happy Sumo's wait was 2 hours long so we ate next door at "Shoots" (a Chinese restaurant) and ordered some sushi to go from Happy Sumo's and snuck it in :) I don't do sushi but supposedly it was pretty dang good, especially the Vegas roll...? Anyways Phil is now an old 26 year old. Happy Birthday Phil!


By New Year's Eve, half of the family had left but those of us still there celebrated with Martinellis, chocolate covered strawberries, and Ben&Jerrys Ice cream while we played Rummikub :)


I definitely gained a few pounds from all the treats up there cuz when I got home I looked like I was pregnant again and actually wondered if I was! haha

We also took family pictures that turned out so cute! My cousin Pete is a great photographer and drove up and took them for us. We took some all together in our BYU clothes too which turned out cute. I tried to take one from his blog to show but the website wouldn't let me... they were really cute and if you want you can find them on www.stottphotography.com (Lundquist Family Photos)


Thank you so much to my parents who made this happen and for all my sisters and their husbands for coming this year. I don't know when it will happen again with our families expanding so much but I hope that I will be able to at least visit each of them this next year (its hard now without my flight benefits!).

Next year we will get to spend Christmas with Phil's family! This year they went on a cruise out of Florida and we were lucky to be able to see them during a long layover they had in Salt Lake. We hung out at Tyler's inlaws' house and everyone got to play with Bruin and see his cute little smiles. We hope they do another cruise next year.... hah!



Hope everyone else had a fabulous Christmas!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome was all of that!! It looked like so much fun! I love the picture of Bruin at the bowling alley, his cheeks are irresistable. Tell Phil happy late birthday, and welcome to the old 26:)

Whitney R said...

Happy Birthday Phil!

I think that sounds like a lot of fun. Going to a resort with your family. It looks like you had a great time :)

Andersen said...

Merry Christmas huh? Wow you guys looked like you had a blast! You, your sisters and mom are all so pretty! Bruin looked so happy. Josh went down to Provo last week too. I was supposed to go but we had been gone so much Max needed some time at home in his own bed.

Oh Phil.... 26 huh? hehehe Well happy birhday!

Andersen said...

Merry Christmas huh? Wow you guys looked like you had a blast! You, your sisters and mom are all so pretty! Bruin looked so happy. Josh went down to Provo last week too. I was supposed to go but we had been gone so much Max needed some time at home in his own bed.

Oh Phil.... 26 huh? hehehe Well happy birhday!

Greg and Carly said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! Do you have any nieces or is there just little boys so far?

clgilbert said...

Looks like yall had a fun christmas! I am working on the trap for the snow ploW guy! :) Hope you all are doing well!

Royce said...

yes grace definitely misses bruin!! looks like you guys had a lot of fun over christmas!! hopefully we get to come up and see you guys soon! i know royce has a break between quarters in february for a couple weeks so maybe we can plan a time for us to come up!! -aub